UK-Philippine Friendship Day

by - Monday, November 02, 2015



Last October 20, I got the chance to attend UK-Philippine Friendship Day event, which is held annually by the Brish Embassy Manila. I've heard of their organization before, but it was only last September that I got interested with to check their Facebook page and saw that they have a lot of events line up for this year and up to early 2016. I chose to start taking part of their entire festival by attending the friendship day. It was held in Makati Shangri-la and the participants enjoyed three-course meal and tickets to the raffle that happened that night. I paid Php2,500 for the event and got five raffle tickets, wherein the grand prize was a trip for two to UK. Etihad was the sponsoring airline by the way.



I enjoy attending events every now and then, but this was the first formal event for me since I started this blog. The theme of the party was actually James Bond so it was so fun to see all the participants dressed up fashionably in formal wear (long gowns/dresses for ladies, coat and tie for guys). And even though I attended this event alone, I ended up meeting new friends that night! I hope I get to see them again one day as I had exchanged contact information to some of them.


The program discussed how the connection of UK and Philippines has progressed over the years. They even said that they were planning to increase the slots for the Chevening Scholarship Program that they offer to help more aspiring Filipinos to pursue study in UK and bring back what they have learned here in the country. You can find some details of this program in their Facebook page


Below are some of the photos I took from that night. For me one of the highlights of the event was the showcasing of the two cars, a Jaguar and Aston Martin in the venue. Those cars were so elegant!


I hope I can still be part of the other activities that they have for this entire festival. And if you want to be part of it too, just visit the Brish Embassy Manila Facebook page for details and upcoming events. See you there? Have a happy Monday!




You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Nice photos :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know your thoughts about the things I write here so just feel free to express yourselves below. Have a wonderful day!